Tuesday, September 9

[3 mile run/walk - 30 minutes]
[4 mile ride - 12 minutes]
[4 mile ride - 12 minutes]

So I just started the running part of my training program - and I stink! Well, I guess that was to be expected. I haven't run at all for almost 15 years and cycling is NOT running.

I just got some pretty shoes last night (some Saucony Grid Stabil MC). If only my running form looked as good.



I ran this morning for the first time and tried to do a 2 minute run / 2 minute walk for 30 minutes. This turned into a 1 1/2 minute run 1 1/2 minute walk and then to a 1 minute run 1 minute walk fairly quickly. I did run/walk, however, about 3 miles in 30 minutes.

Here's the plan I'm going to follow for the running portion. More about my cycling and swimming exploits later.

10-WEEK TRAINING PLAN
Walk for 20 minutes a day for the first four days, then increase to 30 minutes a day for four more days. Now you're ready to begin with week 1.

Each week of the program, do your run/walk workouts on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and take Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday off.

10-WEEK TRAINING SCHEDULE:

Week 1 Run 2 minutes, walk 4 minutes. Repeat 5 times.

Week 2 Run 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes. Repeat five times.

Week 3 Run 5 minutes, walk 2.5 minutes. Repeat four times.

Week 4 Run 7 minutes, walk 3 minutes. Repeat three times.

Week 5 Run 8 minutes, walk 2 minutes. Repeat three times.

Week 6 Run 9 minutes, walk 2 minutes. Repeat twice, then run 8 minutes.

Week 7 Run 9 minutes, walk 1 minute. Repeat three times.

Week 8 Run 13 minutes, walk 2 minutes. Repeat twice.

Week 9 Run 14 minutes, walk 1 minute. Repeat twice.

Week 10 Run 30 minutes. Note: After completing week 9, if you feel tired, repeat this week of training before moving on to week 10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home