Sunday, April 25

Here's this week's activity log:

Trying to take it easy this week. I plan on going with Song out to Lake Berryessa to do a test race out on the course.

MON - 4 mile run.

TUE - nada

WED - 4 mile run.

THU - nada

FRI - nada

SAT - Drove out to Lake Berryessa with Song to try out the ride and run part of the race. It was a pretty hot Saturday and we didn't get out on the ride until noon.

Anyway...

I stunk.

Totally.

We started the ride and I pushed hard on the first hill or two and quickly ran out of gas. I have no idea why. Just did not "have it." I then had a screw come off my front derailleur as I was shifting down to my inside chain ring and my chain jammed completely.

So...

For the rest of the ride I could only use my smaller chain ring and my larger gears in my rear cluster. In other words, no using my granny gears on the climbs and no using my big ring on the descents - the worst of both worlds.

Once we finished the ride, I didn't feel like running at all. But, I put my shoes on and started off... walking. A lot of walking. Not much running. No gas.

Here were my times:

Ride (17 miles) - 53 minutes
Run (4 miles) - 51 minutes

Well, at least that sets an easy benchmark to beat on race day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home