Sunday, May 16

DAVE RACE RESULTS!!!

Swim 1/2 mile - 18:00
Transition 1 - 6:20
Bike 15 miles - 48:09
Transition 2 - 5:20
Run 4 miles - 38:39

Total Time - 1 hour 56 minutes 31 seconds

#239 overall out of 500 participants

In comparison, the guy who won my age group and came in 4th place overall had these times:

Swim 1/2 mile - 12:23
Transition 1 - 2:29
Bike 15 miles - 41:25
Transition 2 - 1:18
Run 4 miles - 26:02

Total Time - 1 hour 23 minutes 38 seconds



See a quick photo album for more commentary and pictures...

I'm really happy with the way the race went. I was able to just relax and enjoy each part. I had good energy through the whole race and came away feeling like I could have pushed even harder.

My original goal was to come in under 2 hours and I did that even with over 10 minutes of transition time (I'm probably the only one that ran to their motel room for a quick potty-stop because of a bit of over-hydration during transition 2).

I'm so glad that I was able to prepare well and feel great on race day! Thanks to everyone who has been supporting me for the past few months as I got myself ready to do this.

1 Comments:

At 3:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great to see your race result. It is inspiring for beginners like me. Hope you had a wonderful triathlon race day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home