Sunday, July 18

I've been going to physical therapy all summer (about 16 sessions) where they've been working on my Iliotibial Band (ITBand). This is connective tissue that runs from your hip across the outside of the knee.



For me, I have pain or weakness in the middle of my thigh and right under my hipbone.

I got to choose which physical therapist to see and I picked Bodymax because they did physical therapy and sports conditioning and training - I knew I needed help with my running form.

For treatment, they use deep tissue massage to release any scar tissue which can cause tightness as it attaches to the underlying bones and muscles. This "massage" can hurt - a lot. They then use ultrasound on the sore spots which brings blood and oxygen to the inflammation.

After the treatment, they would bring me downstairs and put me on the treadmill to work on my running form.



I worked up to running about 10 miles an hour at a 8% grade (but I only had to run that for 30 seconds or so). The therapists and trainers there were excellent and my form and leg are much improved.

On with the training!

2 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Dave Hunter said...

If you want to know more about Physical Therapy check out this site:

Physical Therapy Schools

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger arunmpt said...

its really nice to look the strengthening of gluteus muscles
yoyu have to do lot of work to strengthen these muscles
start working on gluteus along with TFL
wanna mor visit
www.arunmpt.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home