Sunday, August 29

MON - Did another "mini" personal triathlon to work on my transition skills. 1000 yd swim | 6 miles bike | 1.5 mile run - time 52 minutes - transitions averaged about 1 min 15.

TUE - simple stretching and strengthening exercises.

WED - Jog/walk 5 miles. Felt decent, but my leg started to give out a bit around mile 4 and I walked the last mile. I'm concerned that my IT Band isn't really better and my running is going to suffer.

THU - 1650 yd swim (=.93 miles, my race distance) in my best time yet - right around 35 minutes. With more swim drills, open water, some drafting, and a wetsuit, maybe I will make my 30 minute race goal.

FRI - rest

SAT - 31 mile ride. Rode with some friends down to Sunol and over Calaveras to Milpitas. It took a while, though, because the temperature was 100 - 105 degrees and one of the guys went out too hard (and ate a Dove bar in the middle of the ride - wierd) and had some major heat exhaustion problems. We didn't think he was going to make it and I poured a lot of cold water from my hydration pack over his head. After some long breaks in the shade he managed to drag himself over the last few small hills and make it back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home