Sunday, January 11

What a great week of training! In spite of straining my hamstring a bit on last Saturday's brick, the weather has warmed up and I got a full range of exercise.

I ran my fastest practice 5k on Wed - a 28:30. I'm anxious to run another 5k or 10k to see if I can get closer to the 25 minute mark.

I also checked out the location of the Napa Valley Triathlon on Lake Berryessa. It starts at a place called Putah Creek Park.

You can also see more info about Lake Berryessa.

The course is not flat, which is a bit of a problem. Most of my cycling rides are a lot longer and have more climbing than the 17 miles in the course, but I'm not in a race when I go out with friends or on my own. It would be very easy to go out too fast in a race and really get hammered.

If the course were flat, the cycling would be a piece of cake. With the climbing, I'm going to have to focus more on my riding and practice a lot more in the hills.

Here's last week's activity log:

MON - 55 minute walk/jog (3 min jog/1 min walk)

TUE - 30 minutes lifting weights

WED - 55 minute walk/jog (3 min jog/1 min walk)

THU - nada

FRI - 65 minute walk/jog (3 min jog/1 min walk) Increased my distance to 4 miles. I usually was running 3.

SAT - 30 minutes lifting weights. 20 mile ride covering the cycling course for the upcoming triathlon.