Saturday, January 24

Another excellent week of training, in spite of staying up later than I should playing Need for Speed Underground. Very addictive! I'm trying to beat the kids to finish the game. I'm on race #103 out of 111 races.



On Saturday I went to a running group that a friend of mine coaches. They're getting ready for the Vancouver marathon in May. I ran 9 miles with them and felt great. I stuck with their 2 min jog / 1 min walk through about 5 miles and then felt good enough to take off and run my own pace. I ended up running the 9 miles in around 85 minutes.

I felt like I could have easily run a half marathon. It's got me interested in running a half marathon or full marathon later this year instead of shooting for a olympic distance triathlon at the end of the year. Doing a triathlon (in May) and a marathon this fall sounds cool. Get both experiences and see which one I like better.

We'll see...

Here's last week's activity log:

MON - 4 mile run (occasional walking) 60 minutes including warm-up/cool-down walking

TUE - nada - late night working

WED - 4 mile run (occasional walking) 60 minutes including warm-up/cool-down walking

THU - nada

FRI - 30 minutes working out with weights. Did the full circuit and got a nice burn. Feels good!

SAT - 9 mile run (occasional walking) 100 minutes including warm-up/cool-down walking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home